In the past, your security system components could only be installed where a wire could go. Forget placing a security camera on a countertop or governing your system with a mobile device. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the development of wireless systems. You presently have an array of additional advantages to experience -- like online access to your system, seamless smart devices, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Fort Collins will defend your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
If you would like to take advantage of everything wireless security has to offer, you must have a proper internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about power or internet outages, explore security systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring professionals at all times.
When you reside in an area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will in all probability be a better choice. Or It could also benefit you financially to opt for the traditional route if you relocate to a house that already has wiring connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Fort Collins will boost your family’s protection, which is the primary purpose in the first place. On the other hand, if you welcome the possibility of having the most current tech, check out the following perks of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to everything in your house from your locking systems to your thermostat directly from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You can see footage from cameras, turn on your connected lights, and even arm your system in the event you neglected to do so. If a security event takes place, you are able to have updates dispatched directly to your smartphone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and lengthy system setups. The great thing about wireless gadgets is that you are able to put them virtually anywhere and with little time or effort. If you wish to customize at a later time with new equipment, incorporating elements into your system is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices possible with quick, bi-directional communications. You can set your system to perform a function in specific situations to enhance your security and deter intrusions. For instance, if your outdoor camera discerns suspicious disturbances around your home, it may automatically prompt your inside lights to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Fort Collins
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Fort Collins have proven to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about using one. Let’s take a look at some of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless devices could stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart components will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally have to be arranged within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in some situations to increase your adaptability.
- Like all types of internet-connected networks, the risk of getting hacked is relevant. But you are able to take steps to greatly reduce the risk by creating strong passwords, never using default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only use security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Are you ready to take advantage of the latest in Fort Collins wireless home security? Call (970) 316-5674 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the right package for your residence.