The latest smart security options are becoming increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to perform easy security duties like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these chores ever again? With geofencing in Fort Collins, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Fort Collins For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your house, which you can customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to interact with other connected equipment. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by putting all elements onto the same network. You can set up a unique boundary around your house and program what actions you want to take place as you move beyond the boundary.
For example, as soon as you leave your driveway, you could set your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Fort Collins. With the security app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: set your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular components engage when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that all act in concert with each other. Have your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Fort Collins
Whether you seek added reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our representatives today at (970) 316-5674 or submit the form below to start designing your ideal security system.