How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Fort Collins
Home security cameras can simply be installed as a hindrance—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with a plethora of tools all built to deliver comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Fort Collins.
How To Set Up Your Fort Collins Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is placing your devices in the proper places around your living space. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good notion to install a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to move around to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your porch, drive, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your family should be a chief regard before installing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the foundation for getting the most from home security cameras in Fort Collins. The features shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your mobile device whenever strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to film and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people through the camera. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete view of any space. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up clips of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Fort Collins is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (970) 316-5674 or submit the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.